Re: Is it irrelevant what users of FOSS think? (Re: Fedora Present and Future: a Fedora.next 2014 Update (Part I, "Why?"))

On 25/03/14 22:29, lee wrote:
Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I reckon it's the case for most OSs that /most/ users don't really care
much about what they're using, nor how it works.  The large number of
clueless people using computers would seem to be evidence of that.
The number of clueless people is also large without computers.
Computers might only make that number larger.

It's a lesser number of people that have concerns about their OS.
Maybe that's why developers are less concerned about public opinions.
Or maybe people don`t bother to have or bring about concerns because the
developers don`t care.

And on it goes!
Fedora and Linux in general is what it is. We are fantastically lucky that developers and testers donate vast knowledge, time and resources. We have choice, so many variations.

If I were a developer thinking about improvement, speed, constant changes in architecture and incessant increasingly aggressive system attacks, which you and I are so sheltered from, I would not give a whit about what users think. There are others who handle that part of the development. Please show some gratitude for those people who devote their all to giving us a free unfettered operating system. I, and my family are devoted Linux users for way over ten years and grateful for the opportunity. We don't care what it looks like or how it operates, we adapt and continue working as do hundreds of thousands of users.

Roger