Re: how to put a Boot sector on a SD card

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM, g <geleem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> business model?

Yes, who pays for the servers/bandwidth and how are they going to
finance expansion if everyone starts using it. Google finances itself
with AdSense revenue. ixquick, how? Just a genuine question.

> suspicious of what?

Im not *personally* worried (I will keep using Google thanks very
much). But the question crossed my mind that anything that claims to
excel at privacy and security could very well  be a honeypot, designed
to inspire confidence but actually run by yet another intelligence
gathering organization.
Dont get me wrong, I'm dont claiming it is, Im saying that the
question of financing and business model might come up,and it would be
a legitimate question.

> them reporting you to your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend for searching

Im sure my search terms are as boring as anybody else's, so Im not
particularly worried about using Google, Yahoo or any of the other
mainstream search engines. Your comment sounds like psychological
projection. Are *you* afraid?

But people living under oppressive governments should make sure that
search engines that claim to excel at privacy are actually legit and
not honeytraps set up to attract searches from people too afraid to
use the mainstream search engines. Thats why, I think, such people
might want to know, in addition to who is behind a given site, how
they make the money required to run it. It's not such an illogical
question to ask. And no, "for the good of mankind" doesnt cut it. If
any significant percentage of Google, Yahoo users switches to it, who
will fund their additional server/bandwidth cost? Do they run ads on
results? banners? if so, thats fine, end of story.

And before you label me paranoid let me remind you about the backdoors
allegations wrt OpenBSD (a BSD that claims to be super-secure and
hence more likely to be used by people with a special interest in
hiding their activities).

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20025767-281.html

> for 'nudie' sites? ((GBWG))

Silly comment ignored ;)
Have a nice week.

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell