Re: please discontinue to moderate Haralds posts

Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Allegedly, on or about 18 July 2013, Timothy Murphy sent:
>> Surely it is the easiest thing in the world not to read his postings,
>> if they offend you.
>
> You need to see the bigger picture.
>
> As we all stand idly by and watch someone harass someone else, you
> endorse the victimisation.

No, you don't.  Not doing something doesn't mean that you are doing
something else.  Following your logic, you would be victimising me by
declaring that I am doing something that I am not doing.

> When you declare that the victim should just ignore them, you make the
> victim more of a victim.

One becomes a victim when they let someone else make them or when they
are forced to yield to an overpowering force against their will.  When
one doesn't let make themselves a victim, perhaps by ignoring the
overpowering force, they cannot be victimised.  Harald is not at all an
overpowering force in this context.

There is always the possibility that someone is victimised by making
them yield to an overpowering force not against their will because their
will has been modified.  However, one needs to be careful with
questioning the will of others, for the questioning ones may become
victimisers themselves.

> If we tell the victims not to complain about it, we victimise them even
> more.

People can decide for themselves what they want to read or not.  If
someone can't or doesn't want to decide this, please give them the
option to restrict what they receive from this mailing list to what the
moderation is letting through, and let those who want to decide for
themselves receive everything unmoderated.  That could be a subscription
option, similar to the option of receiving a mailing list as a digest or
not.  For those subscribers who chose to receive the list unmoderated,
there don't need to be delays due to moderation.

Following your logic, either one or the other kind of people is
victimised by censorship either not being in effect or by censorship
being in effect, and you are guilty of endorsing victimisation if you
don't let people decide for themselves what they want to read.

> As you all stand by and endorse the perpetrator while they victimise me,
> you piss me off as well.

Please, don't victimise others by trying to hold them entirely
responsible for your perception and interpretation of what they might be
doing or not, and please do not at all hold them responsible for what
you declare that they would be doing when they are not.  There is no
need to feel victimised by someone not doing anything and no need to be
pissed off by nothing.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)