Re: Power-off stupidity remains in Gnome 3

Oh I KNOW.....I was just telling someone that same thing. I have been a Windows Admin for quite some years, as a matter of fat I had been using it since Windows 3."X" and through all it's variations, '95.....'98.....2K.....XP....Vista (what a piece of junk THAT was!( and most recently 7. I just couldn't stand the sight of one more Blue Screen Of Death, I got tired of ALWAYS having to restart after any type of administrative task....I couldn't STAND those nasty colors in the Desktop Appearance tab! All in all I had just about had it with Bill Gates' view of what HE thought I'd like for a desktop environment. I searched through a lot of the websites, and checked out a lot of distros, but to me, Fedora looked completely different from the rest, and that's what drew me to it. After taking the plunge and installing it, I admit I had to get used to it, but now...I'm all OVER this desktop! And I'm not ABOUT to watch it go away, not after I've worked so hard to understand its ins and outs. Now granted it's not everyone's favorite, but compared to the MS mentality of "This is what we've built, and you WILL like it because we SAY so"!....Fedora is a whole new world for me. I might try out a few different DE's but in my humble opinion this IS the desktop for me! So to those of you who DON'T like it...well it's like you said, feel free to try out, install and use whatever desktop you like, and if it's something that Fedora doesn't have, the maybe you SHOULD "migrate" to somewhere else? After all this is Linux, not the think INSIDE the box mentality of windows! You can do whatever you WANT on this side of the planet!....so....Happy Hunting!