Re: using mirrors in Fedora 14

On 04/23/2012 05:11 PM, Rod McCown wrote:
You know, I gave a clear enough description of the problem that I've run
up against here that any of the Unix admins I've talked with that I
know, didn't have a problem understanding me. And excuse me for not
upgrading this Fedora dist. regularly, but I do have a life away from
this computer. I'll get help elsewhere, because I don't respond well to
arrogance.

I think the issue is that with an old install, that the fixes might just be in the next upgrade level. Nor can anyone relate to your specific problem without that version level and kernel installed in order to trouble shoot it.

I am very familiar with the Christian Bikers and have been on the receiving end of their generosity. It is on your end to maintain your system upgrades, as part of participation within another group that generously gives as well. That got pointed out, although bluntly, so you could be doing your part for others to assist you. Fedora IS a perpetual beta test for RHEL, so you do have to keep up or install something more stable.

"Freely you have received; freely give." In this case, offer a problem that can be resolved, if not by the group, then with a bug report. You cannot file a bug report on an EOL install. That is your end of the Fedora Linux Community bargain. It's kinda like church in that regard, that they have rules within the family so to speak. That's how I see it from my perspective. :) Ric

p/s keep up the Good Works
http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html