Re: "It's time for you to leave."

On 30-12-11 05:16, Craig White wrote:
On this list, we have a pretty wide variety of users including those
that are simply desktop only end users that simply want to use a
computer and aren't necessarily computer hobbyists nor system admins.
Thus the fedora-users list doesn't even slightly resemble the other
lists that you mentioned and it seems to be an unreasonable expectation
that you have.

IMHO those who are totally inexperienced end-users may be better off with Ubuntu or Mint. Given the cutting edge nature of this project it seems less suited for inexperienced end-users. The other projects I mentioned also get their fair share of n00bs. Nothing wrong with being a n00b. In many areas I am sure I am a n00b too. Yet those projects seem quite successful in maintaining how they want their Community to interact. Don't see why it's unreasonable to expect an on-topic mailing list.

I tend to have a high tolerance for eccentric people but a low tolerance
for those who treat the list like a resource for their school homework
rather than actually make an attempt to obtain the answers but I guess

Yeah the homework questions are always quite obvious.

everyone has their own flash points. Despite the obvious meanderings,
Linda does have a genuine interest in using Fedora, has repeatedly
demonstrated some in depth knowledge of Linux and Fedora and has done
research.

Agree to disagree. I see someone who is trolling and/or has some wires cross-connected.

 I don't share your obvious contempt for her presence and think
you have been unnecessarily harsh but you don't have to please any of
us.

Contempt? Nope, life's too short for that. If it's unnecessarily harsh to point out the official purpose of this list and mailing list guidelines then again let's agree to disagree.

Regards,
Patrick