Re: Developers responsibillity to Fedora Users

On 09/22/2011 06:45 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Alan Cox is exactly right that the users of Fedora products get them
> free and one can make a strong case that therefore Fedora developers
> have no responsibility to listen to user's complaints.
>
> However, the Fedora users provide a service to the ReHat company of
> identifying bugs that otherwise would show up to annoy the paying users
> of RedHat Enterprise .
>
> This is probably a weak argument to support the developers of Fedora
> software listening to its users but what is clear is the current
> situation leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the current Fedora
> user-base. Clearly developers can ignore our complaints, but I have no
> evidence that the paying Enterprise customers will be more tolerant of
> the strange direction that RedHat is taking.

You are breaking a thread and starting a new one without a reference to
what you are talking about.  This makes it difficult to follow the
context.    I don't think it is possible for any one individual to speak
on behalf of the entire Fedora user base.   So I wouldn't even bother
trying.    Having said,   I suspect that the large majority of Fedora
contributors who are volunteers may not even care about what Red Hat
Enterprise Linux needs are.   That is upto Red Hat to handle.

Rahul