Re: Installing F15 without any active network?

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, you finally told us what steps you went through before you had your
> network problem.
>
> Your description is strange since the request to set up a network occurs
> on the same screen as the setting of the host name when I do an
> installation. Another poster told you the same thing. At that point you
> have not set the timezone. That is the next step. It happens before
> partitioning, and before setting the place to put the bootloader.
> So early in the installation you have made a mistake. What did you enter
> as the hostname? Was it something like saturn or something like
> saturn.gateway.2wire.net. The latter would be a mistake and probably
> cause the problem you saw. You are giving an address on the network and
> you have no network.

Actually at the screen where the hostname was set the name was
analogous to "saturn" and not FQDN - and the network "button" was left
alone - then at the bootloader page the network setup popup box asked
to set the network at that point - however I think I had a combination
of a bad disk burn as well as possibly not using the proper iso - so I
guess I was just not using good media - once I used a good DVD it all
went very smoothly without any problem at all. The timezone was set on
the graphical map in both the bad case and the final case that worked
- I did not change the install process at all for the bad install and
the good install - it was just that the media I was using was bad - so
with correct media all is fine -

--
mike c