Repetitive problem with printer HP PSC 2355

I run the above mentioned printer on the USB port under FC4. I had the same printer running under FC3 with no problem whatsoever, the printer function as well as the scanner.

The problem I am facing is that it stops with no apparent reason. there ar eno changes made to the configuration nor to the printer itself. I checked various times the cables.
This has already 4 times happened to me and the only way to to make it function again is to re-install Linux (I am not a Linux expert).
  • I stop and re-start CUPS, but it does not help
  • When entering the Edit function of the printer configuration, the queue type "/dev/usblp0" disappears when hitting the button "Rescan devices"
  • I delete the printer and set it up again, it does not work.
Again, unde FC3 thgere wa no problem whatsoever, but unde FC4 I ran in this issue 4 times already. Aditionally, I cannot have the scanner and printer working at he same time.