Re: [Aurora-sparc-user] Fwd: SPARC Status update

Oops, looks like I broke the first rule of mailing list postings last week and sent a message whilst
drinking and annoyed... *facepalm*

Sorry about that everyone, and thanks for the sane and helpful replies. Really I deserved a proper
flaming for that last rant so I think the least I could do is jump back in to some testing, eh?

I'd already been using the latest fc12 test install tree with no luck. Appending the image from koji
at boot did indeed give an apparently fully functional partitioner this time (previously I had been
escaping to shell to fdisk manually and running the install over VNC) and let me complete a regular
GUI install on my test machine, an U60 SMP box. I tried a minimal install as well as a default
install with Desktop Environment, etc, and disabled prelink as per usual before reboot.

There is some progress but a regular boot still dies with *lots* of libc.so.6 segment map errors.
Single user mode does equally badly but does dump me to a prompt eventually with a read-only
filesystem that I can't remount rw. And that's as far as I've got with limited time for testing.

So, questions:

Will this still theoretically run on an old ultra1? They are about the only other spare machines I
have lying around apart from the U60 to test with at the moment.

Are there anymore obvious 'gotchas' I'm missing?

Do I cancel the old Aurora mailing list now, and use the Fedora-Sparc list instead?

And finally, I've been digging around sparc.koji.fedoraproject.org for a while now, but it's
difficult to see how (or even if) it can be used as a resource by testers like me. Obviously it's
not 'repo-ised' although I can download individual builds on a RPM by RPM basis. Am I missing
something here as well, or is it simply the developers automated build tree? I *do* know this one is
a stupid question :)

Other than that, thanks again developers (especially Spot) and I'm happy to see this project still
alive and kicking. Hopefully under the auspices of Fedora proper it has a long future ahead of it
and I look forward to a FC12/13 working build before too long.

Aurora is dead, long live Aurora!

Cheers,

mat