Re: GPU acceleration in Fedora Security Lab?

On Monday 21 March 2016 16:13:20 Roger Karlsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I know Fedora is not the ideal distribution for anyone needing a
> proprietary graphics driver, but I would like your input on how
> stable/unstable a system running the Nvidia driver from RPM Fusion
> (with akmods) actually is?
>
> <http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia>
>
> Listening to the FAQ from the recent Fedora conference
>
> <https://youtu.be/taK2LwEH2RQ?t=32m54s>
>
> it sounds outright inadvisable.

it is also bad idea from security/trustworthiness perspective

> Being a Fedora user I would very much
> prefer running my forensics tools on Fedora rather than on a Debian
> based distribution.

you can make it work, but it's not something anybody will be jumping
around to make work above all else

I can only say that the OSS Radeon drivers are completely hassle free
from my experience.

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario