Re: Reviewing/editing VPN information

nmav@xxxxxxxxxx said:
> Maybe then it makes sense to combine descriptions for the VPN to a simple
> reference on how to install the required packages and open the network
> manager VPN menu. After that most things are straight forward and putting
> more details will more likely make them irrelevant on the next release.

If the goal is security, I think it helps to have an overview of what's going
on and/or links to that sort of description. Are there common weaknesses?
Common errors users make in setup?  What data is encrypted?  What needs to be
kept secret?

The Wikipedia page(s) may be good enough.  But there are several that look
interesting so it probably takes a few words to say which ones are important
and why.

NPR/Ars-Technica had an interesting story recently:

Project Eavesdrop: An Experiment At Monitoring My Home Office
http://tinyurl.com/qeop4z3
http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2014/06/10/320347267/project-eavesd
rop-an-experiment-at-monitoring-my-home-office

Ars tests Internet surveillance--by spying on an NPR reporter
A week spent playing NSA reveals just how much data we leak online.
http://tinyurl.com/ovt6y4j
http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/06/what-the-nsa-or-anyone-can-learn-about
-you-from-internet-traffic/

--