Re: developing the "critical updates repo" plan

On Fri, 23 May 2014 11:36:40 -0400
Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 11:13:05AM -0400, Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> > > I'm not sure I follow here. What do you dislike? This isn't meant
> > > to be a hidden repo -- it's the "ship as soon as possible!" repo,
> > > so it sounds like you're agreeing.
> > I guess I don't understand the need for the extra repo.  Why not
> > just push it to fedora-updates?
>
> That takes a really long time. Something like 7 hours, best case.
> Improving that would help, but even then having a separate repo might
> introduce the possibilities of mirror sites refreshing just that
> small set more often.

I'll note that I checked the last updates push yesterday... it was
about 6.5 hours from me starting signing to all pushed for
f19/f20/updates/updates-testing.

I expect parallel drpm creation in createrepo will help that some.

If there was an urgent update we wanted to go stable, we could just
push stable and that could be faster.

Just some more datapoints.

kevin