Re: developing the "critical updates repo" plan

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 11:13:05AM -0400, Eric H. Christensen wrote:
> > I'm not sure I follow here. What do you dislike? This isn't meant to be
> > a hidden repo -- it's the "ship as soon as possible!" repo, so it sounds
> > like you're agreeing.
> I guess I don't understand the need for the extra repo.  Why not just push
> it to fedora-updates?

That takes a really long time. Something like 7 hours, best case. Improving
that would help, but even then having a separate repo might introduce the
possibilities of mirror sites refreshing just that small set more often.

I expect that usually it will be size _zero_ -- my idea is that the same
packages would also be pushed to the regular updates repo, and then
eventually removed from the critical updates one.

--
Matthew Miller    --   Fedora Project    --    <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"