[Scitech] Re: Package group: scitech_sig or scitech-sig?

On Sun, Mar 01, 2020 17:48:09 +0100, Jun Aruga wrote:
> > There was already a non packager scitech-sig group and it was not
> > trivial to change it to a packager group, which is why we had to settle
> > for a new scitech_sig FAS group for packages.
> >
> > More information here:
> > https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8413
>
> In my understanding, what I mentioned for
> https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/groups is not FAS group.
> The group I mentioned is just to group the RPM packages.
>
> https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/groups/ruby-rails
> For example there is a "ruby-rails" group.
>
> https://developer.fedoraproject.org/tech/languages/ruby/ror-installation.html
> > $ sudo dnf group install 'Ruby on Rails'
>
> It is used for the group install.
> "ruby-rails" group has the name attribute 'Ruby on Rails'.

No, if I'm reading you correctly, I'm afraid you've misunderstood how
dnf groups work.  The dnf groups are defined separately, manually in
comps: https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_and_edit_comps.xml_for_package_groups

A dnf package group has no link to the FAS group, the group on src.fp.o
(dist-git group), or the group on Koschei. We used the same scitech_sig
name for the koschei group simply because that is the name of the FAS
packager group and is also therefore, the name of the dist-git group.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/view/scitech_sig
https://src.fedoraproject.org/group/scitech_sig
https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/groups/scitech_sig

The koschei group is independent of the FAS and dist-git groups by
default. I requested that infra add a script so that all packages in our
dist-git group are automatically added to the koschei group to make it
convenient for us:

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8678

All of this is only for package maintainers, and is not exposed to
end-users via dnf or other tools at all.

--
Thanks,
Regards,