Re: Talking points

On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 19:11:01 +0100, Alessio Ciregia wrote:
> Hello.

Hello Alessio,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you before. I missed the e-mail somehow.

> Please give me some advice.
> Let's say I'm part of a Linux User Group. Let's say we are thinking to organize
> an Arduino Day.
> Let's suppose I would like to "advertise" Fedora in this context.
> Please take into account that more than building some projects with Arduino,
> I'm not a robotics expert, at all.
> What are the possible talking points about Fedora Robotics Spin in an event
> like that?

Well, the biggest selling point of course is that there is a spin that
users can download and get started with immediately:

https://labs.fedoraproject.org/en/robotics/

The new modularity system that Fedora is using also makes it easy for
folks to use COPRs, and there's one on ROS here already:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/thofmann/ros/

We're still looking at including more software. We'd be thrilled if some
of the robotics/electronic enthusiasts would give us feedback on the
Spin, and if they'd like to help us include more software, that would be
even better! :)

--
Thanks,
Regards,