[Fedora Robotics] Re: ROS packages

Hi

Rich Mattes wrote on Sun, 20 Aug 2017 12:29:12 -0400:
<...>
In case that wasn't enough to worry about, there is also a
"Modularity" effort going on in Fedora.  I have not been able to
figure out what they're doing, but [1] claims that it's modules can
have different lifecycles than the base distribution.  It may provide
a model to maintain multiple ROS stacks in parallel, but I don't
really have any more information than that.
Yes, it provides a model to maintain multiple ROS stacks in parallel. However, currently, they are most likely assuming that only a single stack can be installed at a given time (if they just 'assume' it, it should be fine. But if they enforce it, you'll be unable to install multiple stacks simultaneously even if their packages doesn't conflict).

Regards,
Hedayat

<...>
[1] https://docs.pagure.org/modularity/