pkgdb group package ownership

Hi all,

Over on the -devel list, there was an announcement that pkgdb2 is growing the capability to allow groups to be package owners and points of contact, instead of individual committers.  What this means for us is that we can assign the normal package rights to a single "robotics-sig" group (e.g. watchcommits, watchbugzilla, commit, etc.), and all of the members of the "robotics-sig" pkgdb group would in turn be granted all of those rights.  It'd make it a lot easier to collaborate on packages without having to individually request commit rights for all of them.  I'd like to start testing it, and I plan on setting the sig group as a co-maintainer on most of the packages that I own.  But before I do, i wanted to get some feedback on a mailing list issue.

The package groups require an email address in pkgdb and a corresponding bugzilla account for bugzilla mail, commit messages, etc. to go to.  The easiest option is to set it all to this list (robotics@), but that would mean a lot of traffic with commit updates, bug mail, and such for all of the packages that the "robotics-sig" group co-owns and has watch rights to.  It would mean a large uptick in volume on the list, and maybe bury other meaningful conversation.

So moving forward we have a couple of options, which I'd like you to weigh in on:
* Start a separate list (e.g. robotics-sig-maint@) for package related mail and make it private to the members of the robotics sig pkgdb members.
* Use the robotics@ list, but be careful not to assign the robotics-sig group any of the "watch" rights in pkgdb
* Use the robotics@ list, and just deal with bugmail and git commit messages

I'm leaning more towards the second or third options, since I don't really feel like we'll need to have any private bugs and since we don't have tons of traffic with git commits and bugs and such.

Rich