Re: [Fedora Robotics] Robotics Spin Base Architecture

Hi,

Me Andmyshadow <blackhole996@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 08:40:55 -0600:
Hello

I'm looking into using the Fedora Robotics Spin on a RoBoard RB110, which is a I/O rich single board computer based on the Vortex86DX processor which is essentially a i486 with intergral north & south bridges. I would like to know if the robotics spin requires a pentium class processor to run or if it will run on this platform. If anybody has this combination working any pointers or tips welcome
AFAIK, Fedora doesn't support i486 anymore (and all 32 packages are .i686.rpms these days); and therefore Robotics Spin doesn't support it. I can't say for sure, but you'll probably need to compile at least the kernel, and most probably most of the applications for i486.

Regards,
Hedayat

Thanks

Ray