Re: [Fedora Robotics] Fwd: Re: [FESCo] #540: F15Feature: Robotics Suite - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RoboticsSuite

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Hedayat Vatankhah <hedayatv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 01/12/2011 11:54:40 PM +0350:

On 12.01.2011 21:11, Rich Mattes wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Tim Niemueller<tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hi Fedora robotics people.

Our Robotics Suite feature has been accepted. Thanks to everybody, in
particular to Rich and Hedayat.
Happy to hear that :)

I will setup the Fawkes demo repository tomorrow to start the demo. We
should have a meeting again and discuss the next steps. What about next
Tuesday, Jan 18 at 14:00 UTC?
Looks good. If possible, I would prefer Monday (or even Sunday), but I think I can attend Tuesday too.

I can do any of these times as well.  1400UTC is a good time for me.

Rich, do you know the process of getting the comps group to start
tagging packages for the group? Can someone contact the arts group for
icons and other artwork that is required? I'll focus on the demo then.

        Tim

I did find out the process for adding a comps group, I will compile a
package list for the Robotics Suite comps group and commit it to our github
project.  Before we contact the art people, I think we should narrow down
what we want done.  So far I see that we need:

* Logo for the Robotics Suite
* Banner for Robotics Suite to be used on our webpages
* Icons for Player utilities and Stage (I'd like these, but they're not
essential to the robotics suite effort)
I think we need icons for Anaconda and stuff.
Yes, if we'd like to bring a special look we need that too :).

If the list is final, I can contact arts group.

I can't think of anything else we'd need.  I don't know that we'll need the anaconda stuff for the RoboticsSuite feature, but we will once we create the LiveDVD.

About the comps group, apparently the only requirement was what Rich has already done: mailing to -devel list! We could probably go ahead and add it to rawhide's comps.xml and wait to see if anybody objects! :P
BTW, which category we want to put our group in? Applications? Development? Or maybe a new category just for this? (Not far from the reality since there is already a "Content" category containing a single group (currently) named Books).
And what is the group name? Robotics? :P (just to make sure!)

I started on the comps group last night.  I'm creating a whole new group called "Robotics Suite", once it's done you should be able to "yum groupinstall "Robotics Suite"" and end up with a complete robotics development environment.  Once we nail down the package list, we submit the patch to comps.xml to the -devel list, and barring any qualms we commit it to the comps git.

Once we narrow this list down, I will file a ticket and follow through.  If
you keep your demo work on github, I will try to jump in and help you.  The
fedora-robotics-spin project is as good a place as any to get all of this
done.
I'll setup a fawkesrobotics.org repository, makes things easier on my
side. I have added your pubkeys earlier already so you will have full
access there as well.
Thanks, I'll try to help as much as I can too.

Thanks,
Hedayat

	Tim

One last thing: I'm about ready to start shuffling our wiki pages around: putting http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rmattes/Robotics at fp.o/wiki/Robotics, and then moving the SIG page to wiki/SIGs/Robotics (right now SIGs/Robotics is a redirect to wiki/Robotics, and Robotics contains the SIG page.)  We still need the Fawkes example, maybe I'll try to come up with one as it will give me an excuse to learn a little bit more about it :)   Once we get a banner, we can put it at the top of that wiki page as well.

Rich