Re: [Fedora Robotics] Player 3.0.0 packages

On 07.11.2009 21:45, Rich Mattes wrote:
> It looks like boost got split up into a lot of sub-packages for F13, see
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=136696.  It looks
> like if you add the package boost-thread for the F13 we should be ok.

The F-12 package is also split, but the -devel subpackage works for all
of the other packages. Will have a closer look if that changed for F-13.

> I'm slowly getting gearbox in shape.  I have a pending review request,
> but I've been coordinating with their developers recently.  I shared the
> changes i made to cmake to install to lib64, but that changes a few of
> the config files they have.  I pointed it out to them, and they said
> they'll go ahead and fix it.  I also got them to clarify their licenses,

Good!

> so I have to update that in my .spec too.  Once they fix the cmake
> stuff, I might try making a package based on a subversion snapshot until
> they come out with a new release.  I also have a few packaging

Yes, good idea. Remember the 0.x format for the release number.

> questions.  I asked the fedora-packaging list this week, but they
> haven't responded.

Ok, here are answers from my experience, though you can probably get
more authoritative answers on the mailing list:
1) Yes, all normal libraries go to /usr/lib. Subdirs in libdir are
generally only used e.g. for plugins. Libs you link to regularly go to
the libdir.
1a) and 2) I'd consider this a bug/bad choice in the upstream project.
Is it possible, does it make sense and could they be convinced to follow
the "standard" behavior?

> (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2009-November/msg00002.html)
> I'll try pinging them again today.
>
> Now that the Player package is in, I'll start working on Stage.

Ok, maybe it's not yet in the buildroot, so either the Player package
has to go stable first (please all help and mark the package is working
at https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F11/FEDORA-2009-11127) or I
need to request tagging. Let me know when koji builds do not work, yet,
or pull in older Player versions (check root.log).

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>      www.niemueller.de