Re: [Fedora Robotics] Player 3.0.0 packages

It looks like boost got split up into a lot of sub-packages for F13, see http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=136696. It looks like if you add the package boost-thread for the F13 we should be ok.

I'm slowly getting gearbox in shape. I have a pending review request, but I've been coordinating with their developers recently. I shared the changes i made to cmake to install to lib64, but that changes a few of the config files they have. I pointed it out to them, and they said they'll go ahead and fix it. I also got them to clarify their licenses, so I have to update that in my .spec too. Once they fix the cmake stuff, I might try making a package based on a subversion snapshot until they come out with a new release. I also have a few packaging questions. I asked the fedora-packaging list this week, but they haven't responded. (http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2009-November/msg00002.html) I'll try pinging them again today.

Now that the Player package is in, I'll start working on Stage.

Rich

Tim Niemueller wrote:
Hi all.

The Player 3.0.0 packages have been committed, built (for F-11, F-12 and
F-13), and submitted to update-testing for F-11, go have a look.

Based on input of the recent thread the config files are still in
/etc/player. Arguments for and against it weighing out pretty even my
reasoning is that anywhere in /etc is where most people will start
looking for config files, even if they are meant to be templates, and
especially if they used the Player 2 package already. After all, the
Apache config for example is also a giant template for your stuff...

The package does not build for the devel branch (F-13) at the moment
(cf. https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=140037). See
the build.log of the failed tasks. It says it cannot find boost_thread
while boost-devel is included in the BuildRequires (and according to
root.log it's installed just fine). Need to have a closer look what the
problem is, suggestions welcome.

Rich: sorry, took longer for time constraint reasons to get the stuff
pushed. How are your review requests/sponsoring doing?

Regards,
	Tim