[Fedora Robotics] Re: I have the Tech Challenge Robotics Kit in hand

Thanks for getting the list going, btw.

On Thursday, 15 May 2008 at 16:10:17, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> I'm sure you've seen the Mindstorm NXT kit.  The new tech challenge
> platform consists of the mindstorms kit with an additional
> motor/sensors/servo multiplexor box that communicates via i2C back
> the main NXT brick.  Raise your hand if you are experienced with
i2c
> communication for robotics.

Probably not many people are. I've found that, in the embedded Linux
world in general, only about 1-2% of the developers I've met are
familiar with I2C.

That said, I2C is the simplest bus protocol there is. It was designed
that way for a reason. My advice here is to just go for it.

> So big picture time.....  Getting player/stage to be able to model
> specific mindstorm nxt configuration and then being able to use
> player/stage to control the that mindstorm nxt configuration via
> bluetooth would be...dreamy.

I agree. This is a good goal to shoot for.

   -dwight-