Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] R packages update

On 03/02/2010 06:58 AM, Pierre-Yves wrote:
> I believe R-nws is also wrong, but the page on the cran is not been
> updated since 1.7.0.0.

Well, its an odd situation. There is a newer R-nws, but it depends on
code that Revolution Computing didn't ever properly release. Ubuntu has
copies of the deps, but I don't think they're built from source, and I
couldn't find upstream locations for them.

I put in a query a few months ago and heard back from Danese Cooper at
Revolution Computing, who was going to find the sources and get them to
me so I could properly package up the new dependencies, but she was
fired before it got any farther, and she informed me that they were
backing away from their open source strategies and would not be making
the source available.

The whole deal left a very bad taste in my mouth, so I'm content to
leave R-nws where it is.

~spot