[Fedora-r-devel-list] Re: Any feedback? any at all?

"Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I think that there is no need to hand-craft every R package, but that
> each R spec file needs to be:
>
> * Sanity checked, and adjusted as necessary
> * Actively maintained

> I don't want to simply run any tool, generate a bunch of spec files,
> get them into Fedora/EPEL, and then let them stagnate because one
> person owns all of CRAN. :)

Keen; can you refine those statements?

I might be able to address 'actively maintained' by analogy to the
debian folks' efforts on this.  They regularly run basically an update
which detects package availability changes, and builds the new ones.
So, a "reasonable" time after a new package appears on CRAN, it
appears in the apt repo Dirk's maintaining.  That's clearly one
component of active maintenance; do you have more off the top of your
head?

As for 'sanity checked', I don't know what that means.  I'd like to
pretend that any package for which R CMD check passes successfully has
been sanity checked, but I know that to be a skewed persepctive. :) If
you can give me criteria, I can start working to implement them.

- Allen S. Rout