Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] Any feedback? any at all?

On 09/23/2009 03:04 PM, Allen S. Rout wrote:
> Do any of you have any interest in this?  I was thinking it might help
> accellerate new R packages' introduction to e.g. EPEL, but my sense
> now is that you'd much rather hand-craft every one.  If our goals are
> just skew, I'm fine with that.

This is very interesting, please keep at it!

I think that there is no need to hand-craft every R package, but that
each R spec file needs to be:

* Sanity checked, and adjusted as necessary
* Actively maintained

I don't want to simply run any tool, generate a bunch of spec files, get
them into Fedora/EPEL, and then let them stagnate because one person
owns all of CRAN. :)

With that said, a tool that can automate any portion of the process is
very useful.

~spot