Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] useR! 2008 status report

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 18:38:33 Pierre-Yves wrote:
> If the solution proposed by spot does not work (or before it works)
> I think a simple:
> find ./source/ -name "*.py" -o -name "*.c" -o -name "*.cp"  -o -name
> "*.f"  -o -name "*.F"
> If it returns something then install the -devel...

Actually we can develop that as it will be useful for R2spec as well. It would
be interesting because the common problems are the same. :-)

> >   3) If the steps above are not enough and the package depends on an
> > external library you need to guarantee that you have installed the files
> > necessary to compile the package. Do not forget that the -devel
> > subpackages are required to be installed to compile and link with the
> > external libraries.
>
> I went briefly through your presentation, nice :)
> I hope you had good time there.

It was a nice conference, with an optimum number of participants (around 400).
It was nice to meet there some people that I only knew from the mailing lists
like some of the Debian guys.

It was also interesting to notice that there are some issues related to the
community growth that are being dealt in the same way both in Fedora and R.

R-Forge for example is a project under the R Core umbrella where space and
infrastructural tools are given to authors to develop their packages before
they are place in CRAN. R-Forge is thus the analogue of fedorahosted. :-)

--
José Abílio