Re: [Fedora-r-devel-list] useR! 2008 status report

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 18:04:37 Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> A much much more intelligent fix would be for R to check for the devel
> files that it needs before attempting a build operation, then failing
> gracefully with an explanation that suggests the user look for a -devel
> package if they're using R from the distribution.

Not necessarily an easy thing to do for every platform they support. :-)
Do you know any language that does this successfully? (I really mean this as a
question not any rhetoric).

On the other hand we are trying to be good neighbours. ;-)
I am sure they would not mind if he had some kind of hook to that specifically
for Fedora.

--
José Abílio