Today's Fedora QA meeting: notes and decisions

== Bodhi + automation ==

We want to do some simple automated testing of new updates in bodhi, so
that we can use that information to decide whether to do automatic
pushes (after, say, a week).

Tests we want:
* dep checking:  make sure anything that was in the buildroot for
producing the update is either already pushed to -testing or awaiting
rel-eng push
  - Be sure to check multilib magic stuff for deps!
  - If a package would break deps, allow packager to notify owners of
other packages (need-rebuild) - maybe by filing bugs?
* Check EVR upgrade paths - what about obsoletes, conflicts, and
multilib?
* run rpmlint / rpmdiff for purely informative purposes

ACTION: wwoods to make wiki pages about these tests.

== Updating release criteria + testing matrix ==

We need to examine the ReleaseCriteria and installer test matrix before
F8t1 to ensure quality releases for F8.

* We should get input from the SIGs, skvidal (yum), davej (kernel),
dcantrell / jeremy / clumens (installer)

== Bugzilla priority/severity guidelines ==

We agree that the priority/severity fields in bugzilla are not helpful
as currently used. Blocker/Tracker bugs, duplicate counts, and other
out-of-band information are much better at informing developers and
users about the priority and severity of bugs.

Therefore - the Fedora bug entry page / tools won't include pri/sev
fields, and we in QA aren't going to use them for anything for now.

In the future we may start using them again, if we can ensure that they
aren't just set arbitrarily.

== Other discussion ==

* Lovechild suggested that a minimal live test image (smaller than the
700MB LiveCD) could help people test bootability for rawhide.
 - he'll investigate creating such images with Revisor

* nhorman@xxxxxxxxxx working on a kernel crash-header socket
  - lets us automatically get info about crashing processes
  - should be upstreamable
  - prereq for something like Apport
  - targeting F8
  - wwoods will try to get apport using this backend for F8

* Wed. is a good day for meetings, but 1500UTC might be too early
  - Next meeting will be *1800UTC, Wed, Jun 27*

And that's about it. I'll be out of town (and away from computers) until
Wed. the 27th, so.. see you at the next meeting!

-w