Re: Fedora 7 will support to IPF?

Shi Weihua wrote:
> Hi, everyboy
>
> My work will based on Fedora 7 (IPF,x86,x86_64). But I don't know it
> will support IPF or not.
> Who can teach me this problem?

First up, outside of the IPF world, its probably best to refer to the
platform as Itanium, as most people don't have a clue what IPF is. :)

Second, no, Itanium is not currently one of the officially supported
architectures in Fedora. In the past, we've always built ia64 packages,
but the new build system (as far as I know) does not yet have ia64
builders, so recent bits haven't been built for ia64 yet.

We've had someone internally doing ia64 iso builds up through the Fedora
7 test 4 release, but it was just after that point we migrated to the
new build system that is sans-ia64 builders, so I don't know when a
Fedora 7 final ia64 build might surface...

http://oss.sgi.com/projects/fedora/

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@xxxxxxxxxx