Re: Review needed of php-code-lts-u2f-php-server

On 25.01.22 09:15, Remi Collet wrote:
Symfony upstream is so terrible that we are not even able to
run its test suite, and we give up a few release ago, ex some
components requires some component of higher major version (or > even from git)

That sucks, I was expecting them to be better! Especially the LTS version.... but yeah, if apps depend on non-LTS versions it can become tricky indeed...

The support cycle does look reasonable (for LTS): https://symfony.com/releases

Perhaps we should split the packaging
with 1 src package for each needed component ?

What do you mean exactly?

Even if we solved a lot of issues with fedora/autoloader, and
with multiple versions, we probably hit some complexity limit

Yeah, I notice this with almost all software, also in Go. The dependency mess gets completely out of hand, totally unmanageable. Also the quality seems to go down with every release, every (minor) update pulls in some new dependencies, totally insane.

It is clear that most developers do not feel the pain of dependencies and don't care at all about supply chain security and code quality.
Sorry if I seem disappointed and tired...
but I now prefer to concentrate my work on binary ext and php-src.

I feel the same, probably best indeed, at least that is still doable (for now).

Regards,
François