Re: Review needed of php-code-lts-u2f-php-server

Le 24/01/2022 à 16:05, François Kooman a écrit :

How much work would be Symfony 5, i.e. how many packages?

Symfony is mostly a single package generating 55 sub-packages
(42 components, 5 Bridges, 6 bundles)

There is Symfony 5 released (5.4.2) and also Symfony 6 (6.0.2)

Symfony upstream is so terrible that we are not even able to
run its test suite, and we give up a few release ago, ex some
components requires some component of higher major version (or
even from git)

There is also so much things in the dependency tree

Ex phpMyAdmin 5.2 newly requires

paragonie/sodium_compat
phpmyadmin/shapefile (v3)
phpmyadmin/twig-i18n-extension (v4)
slim/psr7
code-lts/u2f-php-server
symfony/* (v5)
pragmarx/google2fa-qrcode (v2)
(perhaps other I miss)

I haven't dig for symfony

Perhaps we should split the packaging
with 1 src package for each needed component ?

And if we want system libraries we have to fight with upstreams
which only want project libraries, with code relying on
vendor content (ex using Composer\InstalledVersions)

Even if we solved a lot of issues with fedora/autoloader, and
with multiple versions, we probably hit some complexity limit

Sorry if I seem disappointed and tired...
but I now prefer to concentrate my work on binary ext and php-src.

Remi