Re: Additional PHP packages in EPEL-9

On 07.12.21 07:41, Remi Collet wrote:
Hi,

Hi Remi,

A first set are already available in testing:
ast, http, sodium, memcache, mongodb, msgpack, raphf,
redis, rpminfo, uuid, yaml

I've been testing with them and it works great with my software! Thanks!

For now, only php-fedora-autoloader and its dependencies
are already available.

WARNING: no phpunit
(so you have to disable test suite for EL build)

As part of working on some simpler software, I've been playing with writing my own autoloader [1] (still needs tests and proper project) and drop-in PHPUnit [2] minimalist replacement without dependencies and only a few features. So far they do work for the most part for simple scenarios.

I'm not sure how to best deal with the increased complexity of "modern" software, except fight it and keep things as simple as possible. It might be unsustainable in the long run, but at least for now it more or less works and I can deploy and test/build on EL without requiring any packaged 3rd party PHP libraries. Not sure if this approach is something I should pursue...

Thanks for your work on PHP in Fedora/EL!

Regards,
François

[1] https://gist.github.com/fkooman/af92e8bb7beb9fcb7ba4bb481a8fb969
[2] https://git.sr.ht/~fkooman/put, https://git.sr.ht/~fkooman/put.rpm