Additional PHP packages in EPEL-9

Hi,

If you miss the news

RHEL 9 Beta is released
CentOS Stream 9 is available

This new major version provides PHP 8.0 in AppStream
but not as module.

This version will be maintained for the whole distribution
life cycle (8.0.12 for now)

Additional versions can be expected later as modules

So we can build additional package in EPEL-9
but only for PHP 8.0 (this is fine today, but
will become a problem in the future if we
still can't build for modules in EPEL, like for 8)

My plan:

I choose to concentrate myself on C extensions

A first set are already available in testing:
ast, http, sodium, memcache, mongodb, msgpack, raphf,
redis, rpminfo, uuid, yaml

Another set will come soon:
uopz, ssh2, xattr, amqp, zstd, pcov, psr, mailparse,
apfd, json_post

Some other are waiting for needed dependencies:
gearman, lzf...

I don't plan to maintain any PHP library there
only a minimal set, when requested, and if they
don't require a big bootstrap work.

For now, only php-fedora-autoloader and its dependencies
are already available.

WARNING: no phpunit
(so you have to disable test suite for EL build)

I also plan to provide a few set of applications
(roundcubemail, phpMyAdmin, wordpress...)
but using all libraries bundled.

If someone is crazy enough to help and take care of
more packages, he is very welcome.

FYI, the minimal stack for available applications,
their dependencies, and developer tools needed to
build them is around 500 packages, with a lot of
circle dependencies.

Cheers,
Remi