Re: PHPUnit future

>> Provides: php-composer(foo) = %{version}

I really like this idea and meant to bring it up before.  Most upstream pkgs are going the composer route and even if we don't create our downstream pkgs using composer we should at least be able to find them by it.  I know personally this would have saved me time with one pkg that already existed!

Also, I would like to make sure "foo" = "vendor/project".

Can we start using this now or should we wait?

On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 4:18 AM, Remi Collet <Fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le 09/03/2014 08:26, Guillaume Kulakowski a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Good idea. Is there a page for that in the Wiki ?
>
> Some question:
>> So I(m going to start to move the dependencies from pear channel to
>> github sources.
> You d'ont use Comopser ? Because a rule missing:
> If comopser method exist, you SHOULD use it.

Must disagree.

There is only, for now, 2 types of package.
- PEAR (the installer, using /usr/share/pear)
- Tarball (sources, using /usr/share/php)

Composer is absolutely irrelevant for system wide packaging.

Only benefit we have is the (quite good) description of dependencies in
the metadata file (composer.json). Nothing more.

So NO, I don't think we should prefer 1 method.

I think it sometine make sense to switch to "sources" (github or
something else) instead of pear, when pear channel is no more maintained
(sabredav) or very poorly maintained (symfony, phpseclib, ...). No other
reason.

Remi.