[Fedora-php-devel-list] Changes to 'make install' in PHP 5.2.3

Hi, just thought I'd give a heads up to prevent people from dealing with the same problem I just went through...

I built PHP 5.2.3 by re-using the spec from the PHP SRPM in devel and bumping the version. The problem is that as of 5.2.3, they've changed the way 'make install' installs the cgi and cli binaries. There is no longer a need to call 'make install-cli' separately as now if you've configured for cgi, then both the cgi and cli versions get installed with a 'make install'. Doing the install the old way (as in the 5.2.2 RPM) leaves you with /usr/bin/php and /usr/bin/php- cgi as the same binary which is the CLI and not the CGI.

To fix this, I changed the spec slightly, from:
# Install everything from the CGI SAPI build
pushd build-cgi
make install INSTALL_ROOT=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/php $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}/php-cgi
# Install the CLI SAPI as /usr/bin/php
make install-cli INSTALL_ROOT=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
popd

to:
# Install everything from the CGI SAPI build
pushd build-cgi
make install INSTALL_ROOT=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
popd

That installs both /usr/bin/php (cli) and /usr/bin/php-cgi correctly.

-Jeff

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora KDE]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]