Re: Fwd: [Ambassadors] Measuring success. (Reigniting the steering committee?)

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 07:15:50PM +0000, Cesar Pinto wrote:
> I was recommended to write to this list to suggest a monthly meeting to
> discuss strategic initiatives. Please see below my comm. from the
> Ambassadors list.

Awesome, thanks. :)

I think these are great ideas. As you can see, it's still kind of quiet
around here as this list isn't really off the ground yet. Let's change
that!

> But I agree, we should just open the dialogue and see if anyone is
> interested.

Definitely. Who else is interested? I'm back from my month of travel
(FOSDEM, DevConf.cz, SCALE 13x ... I know there are people who travel
even more than that, but turns out that it's way too much for me... not
that I didn't enjoy every place, but it all added up... Anyway...) and
interested in getting things going again!

Matt I would prefer, we getting FOSCo off the ground, not thinking about "meetings for strategies". As for strategy thats long term everything else is tactical and I think the F2F meetings end of the year the EMEA Ambassadors and last year also that one of APAC  are the right place to talk about that kind of thing. Especially we cant have an strategy for all regions, they differ to much, even inside the regions are huge differences.

br gnokii

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>