"Standard Fedora 19, should include the Broadcom Drivers of the Box"

Hello:
   Fedora 19 (F19) is very good, congratulations !

Now, I will make a comment:

It is a good thing, that finally Fedora includes the Atheros 9k in the basic kernel, I will explain why later.

I have a notebook, of the very popular series, HP ProBooks , its a ProBook 6475B (AMD Quad Core CPU A10).
F19 includes the graphic driver for the Radeon GPU, and it is very good !

However F19, does NOT (out of the box) include the driver for the WiFi  Broadcom chip ( BCM43228 )Fedora 19, should include the Broadcom Drivers off the Box"... and it should, because without Wi-Fi (my only internet connection), the install as well as updates are almost impossible !

I could manage to install, by using an external USB WiFi dongle made by TP-Link (TL-WN821N), with the Atheros 9k series, and it works so well  "out of the box" that  I could even do a network install, then I installed the STA Broadcom Driver: works as a charm, but not so simple for the non technical user !

The BCM43228 is very reliable and fast, when the driver is installed !
The driver is made of loadable modules, so the kernel size would remain the same.
And the few files (including the firmware) are very small, so no real impact on size !

Several very popular HP computers, and Lenovo too are using the Broadcomm chip so the only way for a semless and easy install, if you only have a WiFi connection is to have this driver. Furthermore, Broadcomm now have open source drivers( this is recent).

Thanks for the attention.

Andre Gompel