Re: FWN reader survey

On 12/06/2010 03:52 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Here are my basic thoughts:
>
> * Some additional demographic information wouldn't hurt. Something along
> the lines of, "In what region of the world are you (NA, LATAM, APAC,
> EMEA)", or "What is your primary language."  In fact
Good suggestion -- thanks!  I will add this to the survey in the first
section of questions ("About You")

> * The questions on "which beats are most useful" and "which sections are
> least useful" made me do a double-take - Are beats and sections
> different? No, they're the same thing, at least from looking at the
> list, but the terminology used to describe it should be the same in both
> questions.  If I were writing the survey, I would do something more
> along the lines of,
>
> "For the following Beats (individual sections of the newsletter), please
> rate the usefulness on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being 'not useful at
> all' and 5 being very useful, or 0 for 'do not use'."  This helps cut
> down on the # of questions, and probably slightly more relevant / less
> confusing feedback for you guys.
Yes, thanks for catching that, Robyn!  They indeed refer to the same thing.

> I'm honestly not sure that "usefulness" is the best word here. Are you
> looking to find out if having that information is *helpful* to people,
> or just trying to find out if the information provided is informative
> enough, detailed enough, or .... ?
Perhaps "informative" is a better word here.  I want to gauge the
utility of each of the beats for the readership.

> Other than that - it looks awesome. Are you targeting this for just
> being in English? IIRC, limesurvey does support multiple language
> choices, assuming someone is able to do the translating.

I don't think we have time or assembled personpower to translate this
into various languages in the time I'd like to get this out,
unfortunately, and the primary audience is English readers, since FWN is
95% in English, excepting the occasional "In the News" contribution.
I'd say keep it in English, but that is just me and I am happy to push
out the date on this if a few translations would be of benefit.

> I LOVE LIMESURVEY! I haven't said that enough lately. ;)
>
> -Robyn
Thanks for the feedback!

   - pascal