Re: FWN podcast

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 19:49, Kamisamanou Burgess <kamisamanou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 10:30, TK009 <john.brown009@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 04:48:13PM +0100, wonderer wrote:
> Hy,
>
> sounds great (so I do not have to translate it to german AND speak it in
> english AND german :-D ).
> You could also (if you do not have allready) take a look (and maybe an
> ear or two) at http://www.braincache.de/wp/index.php?s=FWN then you
> could find some soundsnippets to use so the FWN in english, german and
> in the future hopefully in other languages sound nearly the same.
> Hope that helps - hth.
>

> mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
> Henrik Heigl - wonderer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0

I just had a listen to #201, I had no trouble understanding the english version but was surprised at how short the episode was. Look forward to hearing kamisamanou's version next week.

One thing I've noticed, when comparing the two FWN podcasts I've heard(Can't remember who did the other one), is that there seems to be this desire to have music in the background. As a listener of podcasts from TWiT, this idea of music in the background is new and I am not particularly that fond of it. For that reason, I had not planned on placing music(save for an intro and outro) in the version I was going to do. However, this is for the community, so what are your opinions?

--

Sayonara,
Kamisamanou Burgess

I forgot to mention. I am wrapping up the fall semester, and until the 21st, my version of the FWN podcast will be barebones and recorded late Monday night(around 10pm GMT -6). After that, intros, outros, and an earlier release will be the routine. The time may change for the spring semester, but it will always be good to go for the Tues. morning commute.

--

Sayonara,
Kamisamanou Burgess