Re: FWN on Fedora Insight: roll up meeting

On 30/09/09 11:57 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2009-09-30 at 11:26 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 08:24:47AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 22:10 -0400, Pascal Calarco wrote:

1) Need for an HTML-aware WYSIWYG editor within Fedora Insight; wiki
markup won't work on Fedora Insight, and so we need to add references in
news articles as HTML<a href="..."></a>   for example.  Dale has also
noted[2] that it would be really useful to be able to easily reference
mediawiki objects like User, Package, etc.  We'll have to see how we can
tailor the WYSIWYG editor with shortcuts to these, if at all.

How is this going to work for the plain text version of the newsletter?
If you write a text using in-line hyperlinks it's generally very hard to
automatically generate a usable plain text version in all cases.

Couldn't you just process that with links or w3m?

The problem's in the style. At present, as we know the links will be
presented as references after the main text body in both the HTML and
text-only versions, we write the text to reflect this. The style you
would use when writing text with an in-line link is, in some cases,
different.

Could we perhaps take the RSS output and post-process this to derive a text version using XSLT?

  - pascal