Re: FWN #148 has bolted the stable

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 19:43 -0400, Oisin Feeley wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:39:08 +0300, "Nicu Buculei"
> <nicu_fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> >  From my point of view, the credits at the start of each beat are good
> > enough. Putting all the names in the "Welcome" section would be too
> > much, our readers are interested about the content, not a list of names.

I agree.

> The other thing is whether or not there's any point in including the
> Table of Contents in the mailshot -- that bulks up the length of the
> mail quite considerably and while it's useful on the wiki (allowing
> anyone to jump quickly to a section of interest) I suspect that it might
> make the mailshot too unwieldy.

I think the ToC in the email lets one quickly determine if one wants to
read on. If you read a couple of beats and stop, you won't know what
you're missing. If you glanced at the ToC you may realize you can bounce
down a few pages to reach your interest area.

It's sort of like a mailing list digest header. I suppose the welcome
could serve the purpose, but a ToC is ready made for rapid skimming, and
is all inclusive.

my 2 cents
--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3