Re: FWN Issue 136

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:09:03 -0400, "Pascal Calarco" <pcalarco@xxxxxx>
said:
> Thanks to everyone who has finished their beats!  If you are working on
> a beat for this week and are still working on it, please take a moment
> to update the status on the Beat page
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats -- many thanks!
>
> I will start preparing the page for issue 136 tonight, and we'll send
> this out tomorrow morning.

Thank you Pascal,

I've edited:

FWN/Beats/Announcements         Max Spevack     COMPLETE
FWN/Beats/PlanetFedora  Max Spevack     COMPLETE
FWN/Beats/Developments  Oisin Feeley    COMPLETE
FWN/Beats/Artwork       Nicu Buculei    COMPLETE

I took a look at the excellent FWN/Beats/Marketing (thanks for such a
readable column) and noticed that people's names were not presented as
wikilinks.  I changed a couple as an example. Theoretically we should be
boldfacing GUI application names in our markup, but I'm just using two
single ticks as I think our export to plaintext would be a bit weird
with three.

Other issues we need to consider are the format of the FWN/Beats/Welcome
(which should contain a brief summary of choice items from the beats
designed to hook a potential reader's interest) and the publishing of
the RSS/Atom feed as brought up previously on the list.  I've noticed
that on LWN our FWN post is no longer a complete text dump, but is now
merely a link back to our wiki page.  Is that what we want?

OK, thanks for taking care of pushing out this issue.  I'm off to get
some sunshine while it lasts!
--
  Oisin Feeley
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OisinFeeley