Re: This list isn't working out. Or, why do we have fedora-devel and fedora-maintainers

Josh Boyer wrote:
On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:33:56 -0400
Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 18:29:43 +0100
"Jonathan Underwood" <jonathan.underwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In recent weeks a lot of mailing list traffic I would have expected to
> come to this list has gone to fedora-devel. People seem confused as to
> what should be discussed where wrt to these two lists. Heck, in recent
> weeks, it's not clear to me. Can we either get a lot more disciplined
> about pointing out when people are using the wrong list or (this would
> be my choice) kill off fedora-maintainers.

I'm +1 for killing -maintainers.  Now that we have
fedora-devel-announce people can, if they wish, not get all the "noise"
of fedora-devel and instead just get the announcements.  Since
fedora-devel-announce postings go to fedora-devel-list as well, you
don't have to subscribe to yet another announce list if you don't want
to.

+1 to killing it.

josh

Apparently, asking this list was the wrong way to get things done. How do we really do this? Does this need to be proposed to some group? Does this need to come up for vote at some meeting? How do we actually cut the life support here?