Re: Jpackage: follow or lead?

Jerry James wrote:
On 8/21/07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
asm2 is already in Fedora.  It's just never been built.  It's owner is
Permaine Cheung (pcheung).

Thanks for the information.  I will contact Permaine.

Hi,

Do you know how backwards-compatible is this Asm 3.x version?

In any case, I think we should go with a asm3 one. This end up being used by some software that require certification and changing the version used is always troublesome for their developers.

I can get asm3 into JPackage 5.0, perhaps into the devel area and could even import it and build.

But I suspect, even being a versioned package of asm, one would still have to propose it using the usual proceedure.

regards,
Fernando