Re: GPL and LGPL not acceptable for Fedora!

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 12:33 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On 8/15/07, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Got your attention? Good.
>
>         GPL and LGPL are NOT acceptable License tags for Fedora. You
>         cannot
>         simply use "GPL" or "LGPL" as a license tag anymore.
>
>         You have to use one of the following tags:
>
>         GPL+, GPLv2, GPLv2+, GPLv3, GPLv3+, LGPLv2, LGPLv2+, LGPLv3,
>         LGPLv3+
>
> I would like to repeat again that I believe this problem is ~90%
> automatable, and in doing so would be far more likely to catch not
> just current problems, but problems introduced in the future.

Colin,
 This is with all sincerity and not at all meant to be dismissive: If
you have the time to automate this I think we'll be glad to listen.

Right now a lot of folks are having trouble parsing the version
differences with a purely human parser - and human parsers for regular
expressions and variable-strings are typically much better than
computer-based ones, however, if you've got a solution to this, please
let us know.

-sv