Re: Package EVR problems in Fedora 2007-07-27

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 02:05:58 +0200
Michael Schwendt <bugs.michael@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> But meanwhile I've been told some people in IRC spread false rumours
> about the results of this script. Like claiming that the report would
> be useless as it would only report false positives because the FE
> release procedure doesn't push packages through updates-testing like
> bodhi does. *urgh* That is a false claim. Lots of issues in the
> report are unfixed for many weeks. Another packager told me he
> ignores the private reports because he boycotts bodhi until there
> will be a "make release" or similar. With opposition like that and
> spreading of false rumours, I rather stop running the script
> altogether. It has become another thankless effort with no backup
> from FESCo.

I for one really appreciate the mails.  When I have spare moments I try
to help people through the issues.  Unfortunately I haven't had a lot
of spare moments lately.

After the Test1 release, would you be willing to assist rel-eng in
making this script run automatically from bodhi pushes and/or rawhide
pushes?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora