Re: Procedure for verbatim takeover from FN to FN+1?

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 02:26:51 +0200
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, so for FC6->F7 one would need some manual magic wand anyway, could
> you pretty please wave it? :)

I'd rather you built it in the oldest koji collection proper, so that
we have the build logs and such kept in koji.

> And if I understand correctly the inhertiance mechanism, I see no way
> to stop a package from being inherited to F8. How are orphaned or
> otherwise unwanted packages in subsequent releases handled? How is
> their inhertiance broken?

To remove packages, we use 'koji block-pkg', which effectively "blocks"
that package from showing up when listing latest builds and such, which
is used by the compose tools.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/SOP/RemovingPackages

--
Jesse Keating