Re: Looking for people to trade reviews with.

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 19:13 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 16:52 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >> Well, this is what the upstream / manufacturer provided SDK uses, and I would
> >> rather not deviate from that. Also I haven't tested cross compiling the kernel
> >> with the toolchain yet.
> >
> > OTOH 'make headers_install' is what the upstream kernel does, and I
> > would rather we didn't deviate from that :)
> >

> Well, did it support that with 2.6.9 too, because thats what the gp2x firmware
> has.

No, the kernel didn't support it till 2.6.18, iirc. But you're already
using something newer than 2.6.9, aren't you?

>  Don't get me wrong I'm fine with switching if:
> -the chance for regressions is close to 0

Since we don't have the package yet, a regression would be hard :)

> -we solve the 40 mb srpm for a few headers issue

40 millibits? :)

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/kernel-headers.git;a=summary

Once upon a time I was vaguely intending to make tarball releases of
that, coinciding with Linus' own releases. Mostly I've just been
ignoring it and leaving the script to its own devices though.

It's not _quite_ the same because I think it lacks version.h. You'd do
better to actually run 'make headers_install'.

--
dwmw2