Re: RFC: fedora-devel-announce

Christopher Blizzard wrote:

*shrug* I'll give this a +1.  Although if discussion goes to
'fedora-devel' one wonders what the usefulness of fedora-maintainers will start to
be?

Yeah, I don't get this.  fedora-maintainers is pretty useful - high
signal, low crap.  The proper reaction to things like this is almost
never _another_ mailing list.

It is pretty useful if you have the time to follow all the posts and read everything. It is wrong-minded however to expect everyone with lesser commitments to be able to read and follow everything on a busy discussion list. For them, they could opt to follow minimally fedora-devel-announce.

I'm half-decided on if fedora-devel-announce then kill fedora-maintainers. fedora-maintainers has the benefit of having a significantly better signal to noise ratio than fedora-devel-list. There is however a detriment to the redundancy.

If folks were willing to be more MILITANT AND CONSISTENT in enforcing the "devel only" rules for fedora-devel-list I might be happier about killing fedora-maintainers. But consistent enforcement has proven to be impossible to maintain in the past.

We should talk about this issues in tomorrow's FESCO meeting.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx